It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The 'Apply All' button, which basically cascades all the steps results to what I want, is disabled when the Test steps are already completed once. What is the rationale for doing this?

Aarti Suresh (1315) | asked Nov 20 '15, 10:04 p.m.
edited Nov 20 '15, 10:05 p.m.
While executing from the execution console, it is possible to even pull up the scripts which were 'completed' , and re-execute them.
Since the option to re-execute is there, why isn't the apply all button enabled to cascade down the step result at one shot?
(When I say, re-execute, I mean the option to revisit each test step and change the previous result)

Reason for our re-executing completed test cases from the console:
We have modelled our test execution based on the TSERs. We have a TSER which has a set of test cases, but when a bug is fixed, we would have to just re-execute that one test case separately. But all our reporting is modelled around the Test suite results. So, we need to re-execute from the console, that one completed test case, to ensure it gets counted in the Test Suite Result reporting.

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Nov 24 '15, 5:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Please have a look at Provide the ability to re-run a test via a Test Case Result (143563). This is planed for our next release 6.0.2.

Comments
Aarti Suresh commented Nov 25 '15, 2:19 a.m.

Subhajit, thanks for your input. However, one follow-up doubt regarding this enhancement. If a run button is given to re-run from a Test Case Result, it would create another Test Case result, correct?

Aarti Suresh commented Nov 25 '15, 2:20 a.m.

Subhajit, thanks for your input. However, one follow-up doubt regarding this enhancement. If a run button is given to re-run from a Test Case Result, it would create another Test Case result, correct?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.