It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleted lab resource- any impacts

Thao Nguyen (37334) | asked Dec 12 '19, 1:19 a.m.

Hello,

I have one test plan with Test Environment generated from one Lab Resource and Channel Properties. Several Test Case Execution Records are created based on this Test Environment and there are results for them 

I would like to delete Lab Resource, but not sure about impact. From what i see, look like following artifacts are kept, no lost:
- Test Environment (in Test Plan or in Lab Management menu) is kept
- Test Case Execution Record (associated with Test Environment of deleted Lab Resource) is kept. Also Test Case Result is kept too

Could you advise if there is any impact that you can foresee when I delete Lab Resource (already associated with TCR)?

Accepted answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Dec 24 '19, 3:48 a.m.

There is no impact on the already created Test Environment, TCER and TCR by deleting lab resources. However, I believe that deleted resources may be required to be replaced with new resources with similar environmental attributes otherwise running the TCER again may not be able to find suitable resources to run the test records. 

You may consider hiding the lab resource ( Hide icon ( Hide lab resource ).) to know what sort of impact it causes on your TCER runs before deciding to delete the resource. 

Also, RQM provides option to delete and restore lab resources. So if you think resource is deleted wrongly and something is not working as planned, then restore resource could be chosen. 
Thanks,
Abhishek

Thao Nguyen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thao Nguyen commented Dec 24 '19, 8:17 p.m.

Thank you Abhishek for your advice

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.