It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.5 - Workaround to use RTC Client in VS2013?

Lukas Steiger (3131628) | asked May 12 '14, 3:56 a.m.
Is there an (unsupported) workaround to install the RTC Client 4.0.5 for Visual Studio 2013?
Some of our developers are already on VS2013 and should migrate to RTC, but we can't upgrade the server to 4.0.6 due to some missing patches. 

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 12 '14, 4:02 a.m.

Hi Lukas,
Do they have any error messages when installing it?

Lukas Steiger commented May 12 '14, 8:06 a.m. | edited May 12 '14, 8:07 a.m.

The installation is restricted to VS 2005 - 2012. So I can't install the RTC Client for VS 2013.
Is there a registry key or something similar I can change?

One answer

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered May 16 '14, 4:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Lukas,
    There isn't a workaround to this in terms of a registry hack. One workaround would be to work with VS 2013, and to register the parent folder of your solution as a sandbox in an older VS version and use the Sandbox Explorer and the Pending Changes view from the older VS. Not a good one, I'm afraid, you won't get the menu items on the solution explorer for one thing, and all your RTC interactions will be from the other VS, which isn't where you're really working. But that's the only one I can think of at the moment.

Cheers
--Rupa
Client Integrations Team

Comments
Lukas Steiger commented May 16 '14, 6:59 a.m.

Thanks for the clarification 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.