It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customizing RQM - Adding custom attribute on test execution record

Kunal N (872862) | asked Mar 13 '18, 5:36 a.m.

Hi All,

We have requirement where in we need to have a custom attribute text feild  during the test case execution. When the execution records are created we need one text box where we would add some texts and then this would be used for reporting. I am able to add a custom attribute on test execution record by following below:

Got to Manage Project properties ->Custom Attributes ->Manage test case execution record attributes.

Here i have added a attribute however during testcase execution i a not able to see this customized attribute. Could some one help me with this?

Thanks
Kunal

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Mar 14 '18, 7:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kunal,

You won't find them on the Test Case Execution page, but you will find them if you open the TCER diarectly before running. And also while creating any new TCER, in that dialog you will find the custom attribute for TCER. This is by design.

Thanks,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Kunal N selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kunal N commented Mar 15 '18, 5:36 a.m.

Hi Krupa,

If I will not find them on test case execution page then is there any work around for adding a customized feild (attribute) on testcase execution page..?

Thanks
Kunal

3 other answers

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Mar 13 '18, 9:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kunal,

If you click on the Categories Section of the test case execution page, you will see the Custom Attributes.

Hope this helps,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Comments
Kunal N commented Mar 14 '18, 4:37 a.m.

Hi Krupa,

I am not able to find the categories section on Test case execution page. Could you please let me know where it is located on page...?

In testscript summary i can see a symbol stating "click to collapse". When I click this i can see the custom attribute that i had added for testcase result. However i am not able to see the attribute that was added for test case execution record.

Thank you,
Kunal

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Mar 14 '18, 5:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kunal,

I guess what you need to Test Case Result Custom Attribute, if your requirement is to add some text while executing on the execution page, but not TCER Custom Attribute.

Create Test Case Result Attribute in a similar manner which you have used to create TCER custom Attribute.Now run the test case which you are intended to run. Then while you are executing steps, click on the option "Click to Expand" on the Summary section of this Execution page. Once you click on the Summary Section, you will notice the Custom Attribute Created for TCR.

Thanks,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Comments
Kunal N commented Mar 14 '18, 7:42 a.m.

Hi Krupa,

Thanks for your reply...

I am able to see custom attributes for Testcase results. Now the question is I add similar custom attributes on  "Test case execution record attributes" but i am not able to locate this attribute on test case execution record page ?

Thank you,
Kunal

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Mar 14 '18, 7:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

One more place is. On the Browse TCERs page, if you add this custom attribute as one of the columns using "Change column Display Settings" dialog, you can see the Custom Attributes for all the TCERs at one place.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.