It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting value to a readonly attribute using :Calculated Values" not working in RTC 4.0.5

Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | asked Jan 29 '14, 5:24 a.m.
retagged Jan 29 '14, 9:21 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
We have a "Script Based Calculated Value" which sets value to a "readonly" attribute

This feature was working fine in RTC 4.0.2. After upgrading to RTC 4.0.5, the script is unable to set values to readonly attribute. Always throws error

CRRTC0299E: The work item with the ID 43215 cannot be saved because an attempt was made to change the attributes '[Task Completion Percentage]' which are not modifiable.
" [Task Completion Percentage] " is the attribute (custom)

If I make this field as writable, then the script works.

Are there any changes between 4.0.2 and 4.0.5 ?

How can I make this work in RTC 4.0.5?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jan 29 '14, 5:34 a.m.
Is the attribute itself read-only, or is the presentation in the editor read-only?  I think you would need the attribute itself to NOT be read-only but have the Editor Presentation be read-only.

I'm only on 4.0.0.1, but I have one calculated value and the attribute is not R/O but the presentation has it as R/O.

Susan
Karthik Krishnan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Jan 29 '14, 6:59 a.m.

But having the attirbute readonly worked fine in RTC 4.0.2

Susan Hanson commented Jan 29 '14, 7:09 a.m.

Yea, I can't comment on that part of it.  I would say that there was a bug in 4.0.2 and they fixed that bug since if I say the whole attribute is read-only, then I wouldn't expect that RTC should allow programmatic changing of that attribute.

Susan

Karthik Krishnan commented Jan 29 '14, 9:33 a.m.

Thanks Susan. Looks like this will work for me!

Cheers
Karthik

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.