It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error after launch Jazz Server 4.0.3

carlos roberto (21443030) | asked Jun 18 '13, 5:39 p.m.
retagged Jun 19 '13, 2:42 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
 After upgrade from 3.0.1 to 4.0.3, when I launch the JazzServer I receive the following error

http-bio-9443-exec-3] ERROR vice.internal.license.MergedContributorLicenseType  - CRJAZ2583E Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules.
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseKeyMergeException: CRJAZ2583E Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules.
I am using Windows Server 2008 x64

Any idea how to fix the issue?

Comments
Abraham Sweiss commented Jun 18 '13, 6:44 p.m.

Were the 3.0 licences replaced with 4.0 licenses after the migration?

carlos roberto commented Jun 19 '13, 1:18 a.m.

After the migration when I try to upgrade the licenses, during the load license file I receive a timeout error and the load fails. I dont have idea why the license file cannot be loaded and license updated.

Kot T. commented Jun 19 '13, 2:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Does it say which license is causing the error? Do you have any 10-free developer installed prior to the upgrade? If you do, try removing it and see if the new 40 can be uploaded.

carlos roberto commented Jun 20 '13, 10:24 a.m.

Yes, because I am upgrading from 3.0.1 to 4.0.3, I have 3.0.1 license installed. I did uninstall of license and tried to install 4.0 but license key file fails to load. When I do that I need activate trial version to be able continue use the package. Otherwise I will not have any developer license available. Here is the error message.
2013-06-20 08:02:24,028 [          http-bio-9443-exec-5] ERROR vice.internal.license.MergedContributorLicenseType  - CRJAZ2583E Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules.
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseKeyMergeException: CRJAZ2583E Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules.
  at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.MergedContributorLicenseType.assertRulesMatch(MergedContributorLicenseType.java:185)
  at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.MergedContributorLicenseType.assertValidMerge(MergedContributorLicenseType.java:124)

carlos roberto commented Jun 20 '13, 10:50 a.m.

One point is that after install 4.0.3 and upgrade from 3.0.1 to 4.0.3, Then I start the server and in Catalina window after the server start running, I see the message error regarding to CRJAZ2583E. I am not sure if this error is preventing the license file to load properly.

4 answers

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Jun 19 '13, 7:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Carlos,
I think you are running into the issue described in this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/1262
Can you try the solution suggested.
Sandy

Comments
carlos roberto commented Jun 20 '13, 10:26 a.m.

This solution does not work to me. I did download file pointed by the article but it fails to  load as the license key download with 4.0.3 package. I dont have idea what is going on.

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jun 20 '13, 12:26 p.m.
Okay, we need to isolate if the problem is with the licenses or with the upgraded environment.

I would suggest to create a sandbox by:
1. Install RTC 4.0.3 and use the express setup
2. when Installing make sure to install the trial licenses as was done in production
3. Attempt to install the licenses
3a. IF the trial licenses were enabled in production before the import of the  licenses were attempted, make sure to do the same in the test
4. Once the test is completed, open a workItem or a PMR and reference this discussion.

Comments
carlos roberto commented Jun 24 '13, 9:45 a.m.

I have also noticed a new issue. Just install RTC 4.0.3 then go to server directory and launch the server. Then in Tomcat windows I see the following error message after the line INFO: Server startup in 16697 ms

java.net.UnknownHostException: pic.dhe.ibm.com
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:225)

carlos roberto commented Jun 24 '13, 10:05 a.m.

Another strange weird. Using 2 different machines I had different results.
1. Just installed RTC 4.0.3 in Windows 7 x64.
2. Started the Jazz server and installed the 10 developer keys file with no problems. This machine is connected to internet.
3. Just installed RTC 4.0.3 in Windows Server 2008 x64
4. Started the Jazz server and tried to install 10 dev key log file and it fails with error CRJAZ1490E. This machine is not connected to internet

I have used the same package to install on both machines but installation on Windows 2008 server (where I already have 3.0.1 running) keeps thowing license error when I try install 4.0.3

Abraham Sweiss commented Jun 27 '13, 9:55 p.m.

For the 4.0.3 install on 2008 box, has a migration been completed?

FOr the 4.0.3 install on the 2007 box, can the following be attempted:
1. Uninstall the licenses
2. Disable the connection to the internet
3. Attempt to install the  licenses

permanent link
carlos roberto (21443030) | answered Jul 17 '13, 8:25 p.m.
Finaly, after spent some weeks fighting with RTC 4.0.3 installation I got success using a online server as a start point. All the times I tried to install RTC 4.0.3 on a server not connected to internet, I had no success. So, I think there is a bug with RTC 4.0.3 installation when we try to install on a server not connected to internet. Here are the steps I had to use to get success .
1. Installed the fresh RTC 4.0.3 in a server conneted to internet.
2. Upgraded from 3.0.1 to 4.0.3 and renamed it to the new URI server.
3. Installed all the licenses and checked if Jazz was working properly
4. Did backup of the entire jazz installation and copied it to the offline server
5. After copy, renamed the jazz installation in the offline server
6. After check the URI rename process and start the server, I could verify that jazz installation in the offline server was finally working.

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jul 18 '13, 2:07 p.m.
yep, sounds like a defect.   Did you open a defect in the jazz project area.  This can be done by selecting My Stuff -> work  Items -> Open a defect. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.