It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does the artifact creation form not load properly?

Andrew Trobec (49713144139) | asked Jun 27 '13, 10:37 a.m.
Hello,

I am using RRC 4.0.0.1 with IE9 and I cannot create artifacts because I get the error "The artifact creation form cannot be loaded".  After showing the error details I get 

ID CRRRW7323E The artifact creation form cannot be loaded.
Unable to get value of the property 'getDefaultFormat': object is null or undefined

In Chrome and Firefox I have no issues.

How can I solve?

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 01 '13, 9:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 01 '13, 10:04 a.m.
 Andrew,

I talked with some of my co-workers from the RRC L3 Support team, and it looks like a customer has seen something eerily similar to this in the past when using RRC 4.0.0.1 and IE9. Here are the associated defect records which you can refer to, but it looks like these defects have been fixed in both 4.0.0.2 and 4.0.1:

An upgrade to either 4.0.0.2 or 4.0.1 should fix your problems. Hope this is helpful!

Mike Jaworski
Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Jul 01 '13, 10:48 a.m.

@majawors

Hello Mike,

This exactly describes the problem.  I didn't mention the folders not showing content, but this is also an issue that I am facing.

I will look into an upgrade.

Best regards,

Andrew

One other answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 27 '13, 10:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 27 '13, 10:54 a.m.
 Andrew,

I know it's a generic response, but have you tried clearing your browser cache in IE, refreshing the page, and trying again? I looked up the error code in the clmhelp infocenter and this is what I got:

CRRRW7323E

The artifact creation form cannot be displayed.

Explanation

The artifact creation form could not be loaded due to an error.

User response

Refresh your browser and try the operation again. If the problem persists, there might be an issue with the server. Ask your administrator to check the server status.

If it is an error with the server, you could try copying the RM server logs to this post from around the timeframe when you experienced this error.

Mike Jaworski

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Jun 27 '13, 10:58 a.m.

@majawors

Hello Mike,

This does not solve the issue, and it is present on more than one system.

Regards,

Andrew

Mike Jaworski commented Jul 01 '13, 9:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry Andrew, I missed your comment from last week. Looking back at your question, I see that there is a subnote in the error prompt:

Unable to get value of the property 'getDefaultFormat': object is null or undefined

It looks like there may be an Artifact Type which is missing a "default format" property, and it's possible that IE is much less graceful with this type of error than Firefox or Chrome (hard to believe, I know). I'll see if I can get a web developer involved to possibly diagnose.

Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.