It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make a specific revision available to other members?

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | asked Dec 13 '12, 2:34 p.m.
This is the scenario:
1 - I start to write a Use Case. While writing, I save it multiple times until I reach a point that it can be reviewed. So let's say after 10 saves, I reach my "version 1" of the document, which is revision 10 from an RRC perspective.
2 - At this point I create a formal review. It is reviewed and approved.
3 - After the approval, I need to modify the use case and add a few alternate flows. So I start to edit the use case and save it multiple times. But while I'm modifying it, I want my "version 1" (revision 10 from an RRC perspective) to be available to developers, but I want them to access only that version/revision that was reviewed. I don't want them to see the changes I'm adding to the artifact as that will generate confusion. So now I'm in revision 15, which has not been reviewed yet and I'll probably need a few more saves before sending for review, but I want the developers to access only the version/revision that was reviewed.

Now my question: How can I make the developers access only the version/revision that was reviewed? Does RRC provide a way of accessing the artifacts by navigating inside a review?

Thank you

Comments
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva commented Dec 13 '12, 2:47 p.m.

I know we can create formal reviews and access the artifacts from within the review. But is this the best/only option? Plus, is there a better way to navigate to a specific review other than from the widget in the dashboard?

Thank you

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Dec 13 '12, 3:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RRC V4.0.1, there a some options that might help a little

1. Have the developers, open the requirement via the review
2. Alternatively, after the formal review, create a collection based upon the review artifacts and take a baseline. Then have the development team open the baseline, and navigate to the collection and then view requirement in the history view
3. Or open the artifact in its history view, copy the URI from the address bar which includes the revision # extension and paste that explicitly in a work item link

Now it is also possible to access the reviews from the right hand side bar, as an alternative to the viewlet.
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva commented Dec 13 '12, 3:22 p.m.

Thank you for the response, Robin.

Respectuflly
Eduardo

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.