It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I compare a Collection in different baselines in RRC 4?

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | asked Jan 17 '13, 11:04 a.m.
I have a Collection in a baseline with several artifacts. After the baseline was created, more artifacts were added to the Collection. How can I compare the two versions of the Collection (the one inside the baseline against the current one) so that I can identify which artifacts were added to the Collection after the baseline?

Thank you

6 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 17 '13, 11:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 17 '13, 11:40 a.m.
In V4.0.1 a "Collection Compare" feature was made available:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-requirements-composer/releases/4.0.1?p=news#collect

Collection compare

From the editor toolbar of a collection, you can now compare two collections or two versions of the same collection. You can compare baselined versions of the collection and the current version. You can view artifacts that are in the first collection only, artifacts that are in the second collection only, artifacts that have changed between the two versions of the collection, and artifacts that are the same between the two versions of the collection.

When you compare two versions of a collection and an artifact has changed between those versions, you can view detailed information about what changed.

Is this what you need? I know of nothing in previous versions (either V3 or V4) that will allow you to do this type of comparison.

permanent link
Saran Kathirvelu (36911) | answered Jan 17 '13, 1:49 p.m.
Just curious -- How do you baseline a collection in RRC 4.x? Is baseline feature available for a collection in RRC 4.0.1? The last time i checked RRC 4.0.1, I didn't find any baseline feature for a collection in 4.x. 

Note
  • My understanding is that RRC 2.x had that feature (i.e., base lining using the snapshot of a specific collection version) and was removed in subsequent RRC releases. 
  • Baseline feature is available only for modules and not for collections in RRC 4.0.1.

Comments
Robin Bater commented Jan 17 '13, 2:07 p.m. | edited Jan 17 '13, 2:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here are the help instructions for creating complete project baselines (snapshots in previous versions).

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_create_snapshots.html

Create the collection and a once a project baseline is created you can then use it in the compare collection feature.

permanent link
Saran Kathirvelu (36911) | answered Jan 17 '13, 2:49 p.m.
I understand that RRC 4.x has project baseline (similar to snapshot in previous versions) feature which captures the artifacts, tags etc in a project at a given point of time. But does 4.x have Collection baseline feature similar to Module baseline feature available in 4.0.1? 

Note: I have a project in RRC that has 19 GB of data. It is time consuming and inefficient for me to take a snapshot/baseline of my entire project to compare two collections. Instead taking a snapshot (or baseline) of just the individual collection and comparing two collection baselines would be ideal.

permanent link
Radha Sastrigal (111222) | answered Jun 16 '14, 3:45 p.m.
 Hi Robin,

My question is ditto to what Saran expressed. 
How to baseline an individual collection in RRC 4.0.1?

permanent link
Radha Sastrigal (111222) | answered Jun 16 '14, 3:46 p.m.
 Hi Robin,

My question is ditto to what Saran expressed. 
How to baseline an individual collection in RRC 4.0.1?

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jun 26 '14, 11:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
According to this topic http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_compare_collections.html
in order to compare two versions of the same collection, a project baseline is required.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.