It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access RRC Comment Summary and Priority using RPE / REST

Erwin Kunz (94686986) | asked Apr 16 '13, 5:20 a.m.
edited Apr 17 '13, 3:43 a.m.
RRC 4.0.1
RPE 1.1.2.2

Hi there
I would like to extend the build-in review report with the Summary and the Priority of any comments.

all data used in the build-in report come from dataSource/artifact/aggregatedContent/reviewArtifacts/*

but i was not able to find anything about summary or priority

any idea?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Jorge Flores (1) | answered Apr 17 '13, 5:50 p.m.

Hi Erwin,

All the artifacts use a data source for the comments, that data source is generated from the comment information included on the artifact data source, without using a second data source the information cannot be retrieved , please check how the print artifact report works.

Do you have experience using RPE ? If not I would suggest you to check how the comments section works first.

Regards.

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Apr 18 '13, 5:04 a.m.

Hi Jorge

I'm still a newbie.. every day better

Looks like I need to add a data source and grab for the info I need... was hoping getting this two fields in the aggregated part..

Thanks
erwin

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Apr 17 '13, 6:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Erwin, the comments for Reviews is exposed on the same review REST response, as you see in the XML it does not expose all the information about the comment, this is only true for comments on an artifact been reviewed. If you want to see the comments on the review (not the comments on the reviewed artifacts) you have to add a new data source for comments.
And use this as source. The resourceURI is the UUID of the review itself.
https://server:port/rm/publish/comments?resourceURI=_b1w5EKeqEeKEIpoYeXGOHw

This will return all the comments that exist in the review, this is true for any other artifact as well.

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Apr 18 '13, 3:52 a.m.

Hi Edgar

I don't need more info of the comment of the review; but of the comments of the reviewed artifacts.
When you write a comment during a review on a specific artifact you enter a Summary, a Text, and a Priority.
The text is exposed at aggregatedContent/reviewArtifacts/reviewComments/reviewArtifact/reviewParticipant/reviewComment/div

But no Summary nor Priority.

I didn't find it elsewhere up to now,  but based on Jorge input  I think I found it.
e.g. content/comments/priority

do you think it would make sense to write an enhancement request to have those two attributes exposed as well in the aggregated content?

erwin

Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar commented Apr 18 '13, 10:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Erwin, 

Which version of RRC are you using? I  just checked on 4.0.1 and comments created on artifacts during a review doesn't include priority nor summary.
If you want the comments of an artifact in the review (but not the comments written during the review) you can use the same URL on my previous comment with the UUID of the artifact been reviewed.

If there is information missing from the comments created on artifacts during a review, I would suggest you to file an enhancement request :)

Erwin Kunz commented Apr 24 '13, 7:39 a.m.

There are two ways to add a comment to an artifact during review
a) Review with comment: there you have only Text
b) add a comment to the artifact; there you have summary, text and prio

Both types of comments are handled and marked as Review Comments.  They appear as review comments in the document. But no Summary or Priority of type b)

I'll create a enhancement request to enhance the REST API

Erwin Kunz commented Dec 11 '13, 5:52 a.m.

https://jazz.net/jazz03/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/83553

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.