It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC and reporting

Cherifa Mansoura (13389) | asked Oct 25 '12, 3:07 p.m.
edited Oct 25 '12, 3:07 p.m.
 I have generated three reports from RRC. Is there a way to have a template which is a combination of the three. Meaning in The Use case specification all the function are explained but the links are missing. In fact I would like to be able to generate a report with the detail of each artifacts and the link per artifact.

2 answers

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Oct 25 '12, 3:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
 You can create custom reports using Rational Publishing Engine (RPE), with this tool you can as well modify the report provided out of the box.

All the provided reports are created using the Reportable REST API, you can use this API and RPE to create a report that adjust to your specific needs

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 25 '12, 4:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Adding to Edgar's answer ... you can take the templates provided with RRC V4 (installed in a server directory in the file system) as your starting point and find the parts you wish to modify/merge into your custom template. Then you can put that template in the server directory and make it available to all users of that repository.  There is a wiki page with more details (sorry I don't have time to go looking for it right now).

Comments
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar commented Oct 25 '12, 5:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Saran Kathirvelu commented Oct 25 '12, 5:50 p.m.

But what about an option for generating customized reports by picking and choosing the fields real time and not using a template. I understand that IBM wants to sell more tools. But this makes life really easier for customers and users like us. Also other tools out in the market have this option. 

Daniel Moul commented Oct 25 '12, 8:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is some ability to do that in the reporting wizard of RRC (and DOORS NG) where a subset of fields can be added to reports, but this is fairly limited.  And more generally, you can compose web reports and dashboards using RRDI in the manner you suggest.

But specifically to address Cherifa's original request (combine three templates) it will require using the document studio portion of the Rational Publishing Engine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.