It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error CRRRW8010E while creating diagram type artifact

pratibha gupta (1511215) | asked Jun 08 '13, 2:36 a.m.
While creating diagram type artifact I am getting error. I need to delete the chache directory in server\work\Catalina\localhost. I donot know which file or folder I need to delete to fix this problem.

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Jun 08 '13, 11:28 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello,

Can you please explain why you feel you need to delete a cache directory for this problem? It would be more helpful if you started by giving some more information about the version of RRC you are using, whether the server is running on Windows or Linux and which app server (Tomcat or WAS) you are using.

The converter has a cache for images it generates, but it is not in the path you reference. The path you are referencing is where the product as a whole is caching code for the product itself. The only time we recommend deleting these directories is when a code patch is provided, at which point we recommend simply deleting the entire work folder contents.

But again, it's unclear why deleting any directories would solve the problem you are describing. The error you reference is more typically associated with a configuration issue with the converter, especially if you are using a Linux based server.

pratibha gupta commented Jun 18 '13, 2:31 a.m.

I am working on version 3.0.1 of CLM. My OS is RHEL

Shubjit Naik commented Jun 18 '13, 6:25 a.m. | edited Jun 18 '13, 6:25 a.m.

Please post the error seen, that might help.

Anyway, the default work directories are
Tomcat - <JTS_HOME>\server\tomcat\work*
WAS - <Profile Path>\wstemp

You need to stop the Server prior to clearing these files

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 18 '13, 2:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
While not obviously titled, this jazz.net article contains information about configuring Linux environments to be able to support the rendering of graphical artifacts (plus has additional comments that might be useful):
Workaround: On Linux systems, the Rational Requirements Composer server does not start in console-only mode
pratibha gupta selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 18 '13, 6:28 a.m.
edited Jun 18 '13, 7:26 a.m.
Here is the technote for that Error which states to clear the temp directories:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21507642

The default work directories are
Tomcat - <JTS_HOME>\server\tomcat\work\*
WAS - <Profile Path>\wstemp

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.