It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

HTTP Basic Authentication mechanism is supported in RTC Server 4.0 or not?

Rahul Singh Bhadauriya (2821720) | asked Jun 11 '13, 3:30 a.m.
Hi,
I am using OSLC REST API to connect with the RTC Server 4.0 using my JAVA Client.
I am using form based authentication currently.
I have few questions as follows.
1)  HTTP Basic Authentication mechanism is supported in RTC Server 4.0 or not?
2) If yes than how to identity which authentication mechanisms are supported by the RTC server ?
3) Is there any official documentation is available for RTC Server 4.0 regarding supported authentication mechanism?
4) Is it possible to change the authentication mechanism while installation and configuration of RTC server ?

Any suggestions and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rahul

2 answers

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 11 '13, 4:00 a.m.
Hi Rahul, the answers below are based on my understanding only...
Answer to question 1 is yes, it is supported and IBM recommends authentication only when the URI is protected.
For question 2, The authentication mechanism for CLM applications depends on the authentication mechanism configured in the application server or in other words the CLM applications delegates the authentication mechanism to the application server.
Answer to question 3: I am not aware of a single document detailing all possible authentication mechanisms, but if you have a plan what you want to use, you may find multiple.
Answer to question 4: The objective of this question is a bit confusing to me but authentication mechanism is configured in the application server before deploying the application on to it.
Hope this helps a bit.

Comments
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Jun 11 '13, 6:32 a.m.

Thanks Indradri for your answer,
Actually i am looking to generalize my java client login utility to support all the available authentication mechanism to connect with the JTS.
Once again thanks :)

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Jun 11 '13, 4:10 a.m.
Hello,You can check also following two documents:
Jazz Team Server Authentication Explained: https://jazz.net/library/article/75
and
Changing authentication type: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/100510/jazz-authentication-change-from-form-to-basic-on-tomacat

Comments
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Jun 11 '13, 6:28 a.m.

Thanks Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk for your valuable answer.
These links are really very helpful.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.