It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during upgrade of Jazz 4.0 to 4.0.1

Sany Maamari (13243751) | asked Feb 14 '13, 4:52 a.m.
retagged Mar 14 '13, 4:35 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
 Hello all, 
First of all, let's assume a client have many RTC licences and a few RQM licences.
He uses RTC, RQM but also RRC to create Test Requirements which he can do because he have RQM licences.

He want's to migrate from Jazz 4.0 to Jazz 4.0.1.
He installs the new jazz server
with the scripts, he upgrades JTS, he migrates CCM, he migrates QM, he migrates RM.

But he is not done, to finalize his upgrade he have to go to the online RM migration which is at https://jts-server:9443/rm/web/projects/migration and click on the upgrade button. 
The problem is that to do so, he needs an RRC licence which he doesn't have. We cannot use the RRC trial licence because it is an install on the same server. 

Is this a defect or do I do something wrong ? 

Thanks for the help,
Sany

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Feb 14 '13, 12:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sanny, was there ever any kind of trial RRC Analyst license on this server? 3.0.1, 4.0, etc? If there was never any kind of trial RRC Analyst license installed on this server then I think the trial license key that comes with the 4.0.1 package should work if you installed it.  Go to your license key management page on JTS admin and see what you can find out and post back.

Sany Maamari commented Feb 18 '13, 3:52 a.m.

Hello Rosa, 

Yes he had trial licences on his 4.0 server, so they expired when migrating to 4.0.1 server

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 14 '13, 4:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sany,

to upgrade RRC you need a full license. You might want to get in contact with support and open up a PMR with them. I think that scenario needs to be thought about. You might be able to get an RRC evaluation license from your local IBM team to be able to upgrade.

Comments
Sany Maamari commented Feb 14 '13, 5:55 a.m.

Could I add a defect directly on the Jazz website ? 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 14 '13, 6:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sany,

I would suggest to get in touch with support and your local IBM representatives and mark it URGENT in case you are not playing around with a test setup and have time to wait.

Support will create a work item for this issue on Jazz.net, but they can handle it with higher priority and they can also potentially provide eval licenses, which the development team might not be able to.

If you just file a work item on Jazz.net, it will have less priority and might not be addressed quickly.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Feb 14 '13, 8:03 a.m.

Sany,

This is an interesting scenario that a client of mine may face in the future. Please keep this forum question updated on the outcome.  

Sany Maamari commented Feb 18 '13, 10:23 a.m.

Hello Sterling,  

I added the defect 71529, you can follow it to see futur fix ups

Sany Maamari commented Feb 19 '13, 6:14 a.m.

This issue should be solved in 4.0.3

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.