It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In Source control wants to give write access Permission to multiple users at folder level.

pravin gaykar (4232225) | asked May 20 '13, 4:04 p.m.
edited May 20 '13, 4:05 p.m.
In Source control wants to give write access Permission to multiple users at folder level.
At Folder level we can give write permission using below options 1. component 2. Contributor 3. Project Area or Team Area. I tried this option but in contributor we can add only one user at a time. In 3rd option we can add Team Area but we doesn't want to create Team for that, So, Anyone can help on this? Can we give permission to more than one user on that folder without creating Team Area?

Comments
Tim Mok commented May 22 '13, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

pravin gaykar commented May 27 '13, 2:55 a.m. | edited May 27 '13, 2:56 a.m.

Thanks for link, But as per link we can set pemission on folder level to Project area, Team area & single user. In our orgnization there is 150 Projects & single stream for Documentation. In that folder there is multiple folder for each project. now I don't want to create team area for 2 to 3 user for accessing that folder because, it will hamper on admin task. Can help me to resolve the same?

Ralph Schoon commented May 27 '13, 3:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The product is designed that way. If you want different capabilities, you can file an enhancement request here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 27 '13, 4:42 p.m.

How does creating a team area to define a new access control group hamper your admin tasks?   You don't have to do anything with the team area once you've created it and added the appropriate people as team members.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 22 '13, 7:25 a.m.
Parvin,

you describe all the options I can see. So if you don't want to create a team area for this purpose, you probably can not achieve your goal.

permanent link
pravin gaykar (4232225) | answered Jun 01 '13, 2:51 a.m.
 Ya Ralph. I was thinking to raise enhancement for same. In future may this type of question will raise.
Thanks for response.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.