It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upload Comments in RTC

Franca Zober (1512) | asked Jul 03 '19, 6:45 a.m.

Hi.

I am using the eclipse client to do mass upload of items to RTC.

Is there any chance to also upload comments for the discussion "field"?

regards

Franca

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Jul 03 '19, 7:42 a.m.

could you please give more details and your expectation. 

Franca Zober commented Jul 03 '19, 4:48 p.m.
In RTC I have items which have a discussion section. User can add their comments there and when I do a query, I can download "latest comment".

If I now want to do mass upload/update of items via the import function in the eclipse client, I can create a CSV file with the fields of the items to be filled, but putting something in a column labelled "latest comment" won't add any comments to the item.

I would need to add different comments to many items at once. Can I do that via mass upload, and if yes, which field to I have to use or is there another way to do it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 04 '19, 1:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The work item command line can comment on work items. See https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line#comments . It also has a bulk operation to work on multiple work items. It also provides a CSV import and the column name for comments would be 'Comments'.

It would be useful to understand why one would want to mass create comments. 

Franca Zober selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Franca Zober commented Jul 04 '19, 2:27 a.m.

Thanks. "Comments" did the job.

As for the "why": I am migrating data which was managed previously in another application into RTC.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 04 '19, 2:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ah, makes sense.

I would suggest to do an export if you want to know how the data and column headers look like to import. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.