It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I reset User permissions in JTS from an IBM i repository?

Phil Catlin (336) | asked Feb 11 '15, 6:24 a.m.
User is defined to the IBM i as a member of the JazzUsers group.  The WAS is configured to map the JazzUsers group to the same group in JTS.
The users is trying to create a work item for RTC and is receiving the message "JazzUsers repository permission is required to perform the operation".
All my users are getting similar messages.

How can I get JTS to re-read the IBM i repository to get the current and accurate group permissions?

Any suggestions?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 11 '15, 11:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Phil, the RTC version could be vital information.

I also don't understand the "User is defined to the IBM i as a member of the JazzUsers" statement. I am not an IBM I expert by any means, however I assume you use LDAP. If so, it is likely a setup problem.
1. Do the users in the JTS user admin area show the JazzUsers repository permission checked?
2. Do the users in the CCM user admin area show the JazzUsers repository permission checked?

If you go through the jts/setup  to the LDAP section and follow the suggestions in the text, how to understand if the mapping is correct.

Kevin Ramer commented Feb 11 '15, 4:19 p.m.

On the JTS admin page there is a "Synchronize Jazz Users with External Repository" link.  That helped me today resolve a changed user ID that I could find in the jazz user group, but not in the repository.     I don't do this very often [ first time actually ] as there is a scheduled job that will do some of that kind of work.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.