It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

There is some improvement in the performance of DM, when models have been fragmented in RSA before import?

Bruce Torres (15911) | asked Jan 10 '13, 11:41 a.m.
edited Jan 10 '13, 11:47 a.m.
I have created models based on RSA source code of a system, basically a transformation of C # to UML.
The models generated have imported the DM. The import status displays:
- 29,646 resources
- 147,129 elements

These models'm using to document system designs and new requirements.

However, I question arises, is it possible to improve the performance of DM in operations: Save, Refreshing, and Share with others, whether these models have been partitioned before importing into DM?

The platform is:
- DM 4.0.1 Final Release
- Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 x64 SP2
- Apache Tomcat
- DB2 9.7
- RSA 8.5

Accepted answer

permanent link
W Diu (58026) | answered Jan 10 '13, 1:38 p.m.
I wouldn't expect any difference in the operations you described because the elements in models are fragmented (based on their type) when they are imported into the Design Management product.

This fragmentation upon import occurs regardless of how the elements have originally been fragmented.
Bruce Torres selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
JL Marechaux (199611) | answered Jan 10 '13, 11:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Bruce,

Have you checked the DM Performance and Sizing report (https://jazz.net/library/article/1140) ? The Performance tuning section may provide some valuable guidance for your environment.

Comments
Bruce Torres commented Jan 10 '13, 12:07 p.m.

Thanks JL,
I applied in my platform the tuning. But the doubt is about the models fragmentation in RSA improve the performance of DM?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.