It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

If an Rhapsody package is locked in Design Manager, then are the child packages automatically locked too?

Krasimir Malchev (56531) | asked Apr 18 '18, 3:53 a.m.

Environment:
Rhapsody 8.2.1. 64 bit, iFix 2
DM 6.0.4 iFix007

Steps:
=====
1) Open a model in Rational Rhapsody from Design Manager (Open From Design Manager)
2) Expand the model tree and right-click on a particular package below the "Packages" tree item.
    Note: The package contains sub-packages!
3) From the context menu, select menu item Design Manger > Lock

Result
=====
As a result, the package's icon in the model tree in the model browser (Alt+0 to open the view) is decorated with a lock.

Questions
=======
Q1: Are the child packages also automatically locked?
      If positive, why the child elements' icons are not decorated with locks?

Q2: If not, is it possible to enable recursive locking of child elements and how?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Hirsch (1162) | answered Apr 21 '18, 5:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Krasimir,

the lock mechanism in Rhapsody Design Manager is not recursive. Only the package itself is locked, by not the packages (or other Save Units) beneath it.

To lock an entire sub tree, you can use the Java API recursively:
IRPModelElement.lockDesignManager()
IRPModelElement.unlockDesignManager()

Still I would review the workflow, as by design Rhapsody locks the required elements on editing, no need to lock them all.

David

Krasimir Malchev selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Krasimir Malchev commented Apr 23 '18, 2:31 a.m.

Hello, David.

Thank you for your answer!

I would have some additional questions about the auto-locking feature of Rational Rhapsody soon.

Question: Can you please help me find the best ( :-) ) source of information, which would lead me to a graceful introduction to the Rhapsody API (such as a step by step tutorial similar to the numerous articles of Ralph Schoon’s about RTC in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com)?

Cheers, Krasimir Malchev

One other answer

permanent link
Kannan K (11) | answered May 04 '18, 2:59 a.m.
Hi  David Hirsch,
Could you please explain us how to use Java APIs?

IRPModelElement.lockDesignManager() 
IRPModelElement.unlockDesignManager() 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.