It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm daemon port allocation

Stefan Hoffmann (14411820) | asked Jan 08 '13, 2:52 a.m.
How can I configure the port range the local scm daemon uses for his communication (eclipse ide)? We have the problem that sometimes it opens a port which we already use for other applications (e.g. 9100 for the websphere test environment).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jan 10 '13, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, the port chosen when Eclipse starts the daemon is random. However, it should check if the port is free to use. If you can, it might be good to start the applications that need a port before starting Eclipse. When Eclipse starts, it won't choose the same port. Or you can restart Eclipse in the hopes it will choose a different port.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest opening an enhancement asking for the ability to specify a port or maybe a range of ports that the Eclipse daemon can use.
Stefan Hoffmann selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jan 09 '13, 4:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can start the daemon using scm instead of lscm. The scm launch has a daemon command where you can start it with a specific port.

Try scm help daemon for more details.

Comments
Stefan Hoffmann commented Jan 10 '13, 1:09 a.m.

I mean the daemon started by eclipse, I can not control this one (these one are marked as "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" if is submit a "scm list daemon").

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.