It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC supports Role based Dashboards ?

Prasad Annamdasu (15453643) | asked Jan 08 '13, 1:45 a.m.
edited Jan 08 '13, 3:36 a.m.
 Hi, 

Does RTC supports Role based Dashboards ?

One answer

permanent link
Henning Sternkicker (40626) | answered Jan 08 '13, 8:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No RTC does not have Dashboards that can be based on a role. But what you can do is, define a dashboard for the project or team area and than create tabs on the dashboards for each role. Organize than those queries and charts that you want for a specific role on that tab. With that each user only has to select the tab for his role and will find all the information needed.
If you think of access permissions you have to think of grouping the roles in team areas, as it is possible to restrict visibility of work items to teams.

Hope that helps,

Henning

Comments
Prasad Annamdasu commented Jan 09 '13, 12:25 a.m.

Hi,

I was going through one of theĀ PPT's for Innovate 2010.

On 11th PPT, it is mentioned that RTC does support role based dashboard. Could you please confirm that it is referring to the same approach.

Henning Sternkicker commented Jan 09 '13, 3:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

To my understanding of the RTC Dashboard capabilities we have only three types of dashboards:
1. Project Dashboard
2. Team Dashboard
3. Personal Dashboard

Every dashboard is created, if it not exists already, when the user tries to open it for the first time. It is defined on the basis of standard templates from the process definition. You can modify these templates in the process definition in the "Configuration data" section. So you can define a template that shows role specific content for every team area that you create in the future.
But it requires, that you organize your users into teams along their roles.
So I think what the presentation back from 2010 means, what you can do with teams.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.