It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Code Review configured to specific work item types only?

GURVINDER SOKHI (731340) | asked Feb 07 '18, 7:43 a.m.

I have gone this article https://jazz.net/library/article/1573 which doesn't seem to indicate that code review can be configured to specific work item types. So I thought I do check on this forum.

Scenario: One master custom process template is deployed to entire organisation. Whilst development teams are doing prototype work they wouldn't  like to be forced to raise work item type and go through code review process. However as development move away from prototype work to main line development then at that point code review process would add value. 

Question: Would it possible to declare "prototype_work" work item type and exempt it from Code Review process?

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Feb 08 '18, 7:49 a.m.

Hi Guv,

Have you looked at trying to create a "Custom" Approval Section for those work item types you want to add code review?  I guess this may not meet with the Op Behaviors

Configuring code review for a project area

To configure the code review tool for a project area, add the code review presentation to the work item types that your team uses to contribute code to your project.

• Code review preconditions

You can configure preconditions to ensure that policies are enforced before changes can be delivered. You can use a precondition that is designed specifically for code review (Require must-fix issues that are resolved before approval). However, other preconditions are also useful because of their relevance to the code review workflow.

• Comments
    GURVINDER SOKHI commented Feb 09 '18, 3:47 a.m.

Hi Matt,

Good to hear from you. What you have mentioned is documented in the article link I shared however there doesn't seem to be a way to exclude certain work item type from code review - you have to configured all four process advisors described in Enable code review and enforce policies

permanent link
    David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 29 '20, 10:35 a.m.
    FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As part of the first setup/configuration for Code Review, the Project Admin has to define which work item types the Code Review presentation appears on. For example, on our jazzdev server, we have Code Reviews appear on Defects/Tasks/Enhancements, but not other work item types such as Story, New & Noteworthy, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.