It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM (RTC) and performance/deployment

Mahari Hill (4861184230) | asked Jul 17 '14, 11:25 a.m.
CLM 5.x
SQL Server 2012

All,

A couple of questions about CLM and RTC deployment best practices.

I have a group interested in RTC. They are licensed for DNG and RQM, but are not yet using the tools. They are looking to install 5.x and grow tremendously. I am thinking of installing JTS and DNG on one machine, and RTC and RQM on their own separate machines. However, I do have a question popping up in my mind.

At what point would you decide to have more than one RTC server installed at one company location?

They are looking for 50+ iSeries/Java developers, and a total of 100+ stakeholders in and out submitting items and viewing status.

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 17 '14, 11:39 a.m.
we settled on 250 users/instance..   really source code builds and  workitem Plan operations were/are the two big application workloads.

we originally planned to scale to over 6,000 users on one instance (using mainframe hw) but found our source code build usage caused significant impacts..
I created a two tier squid proxy caching model to offset the source code build workload, but not until well after we had already decide to have multiple instances.
(once u split you cannot combine, and once you put a project on a server you cannot move it to another)

I think you will be fine with 1 instance for the workload you have.
Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.