It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC 4.0.0.1 and IE9 - all I can say is ARGH!

AOC Admin (13631917) | asked Dec 28 '12, 12:08 p.m.
Hi All,

We are on RRC v.4.0.0.1 on a windows 2008R2 server using web sphere. The users are all on Windows 7 professional 32 or 64 bit clients. The standard desktop images were IE8 until a microsoft update started upgrading all to IE9. We are seeing a lot of issues with IE9 and I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat or has been here before and found a resolution!

Create ARtifact button - just shows the word Create. Firefox shows Create Actor
When you click on the arrow on the Create button, the list of artifacts only shows icons, no text. Firefox shows icons and texts for the various artifacts available for creation

Create Artifact pop up - Cannot select or change an artifact type. The drop down appears blank. Firefox lets you see the available artifact types and select a different one

Create Artifact pop up - Artifact format shows a URL instead of format type. FIrefox shows various format types like Text, Collection, Use Case Diagram, etc.

You can select one type of artifact from the create button (after guessing which icon was for which artifact) and you can create an artifact of the format text, as you cannot change the format type.

Graphical artifacts - IE - Edit button is disabled for a super user who has rights to everything. Firefox shows the button enabled. There's no RRC browser add on installed yet, so cannot try the uninstall-reinstall addon yet

The above are the major issues I have found so far. Current workaround  - Use a supported version of FF (i got upgraded to 17, and support stops at v.14). Or have IE downgraded to v8, which can be a pain if MS patches keep getting pushed out with IE9.

Oh.. I applied a hot fix yesterday because in IE9, no one was able to see any artifacts in any of the folders or views, when hundreds of artifacts exist. The patch only resolved that issue. prior to the patch, the user was getting an error on the Create artifact pop-up. So I'm unable to verify if these problems existed before the hot fix or if they were introduced after..

has anyone else seen the same issues before and have you been able to get a resolution for them?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Muhtar Akbulut (9111) | answered Jan 07 '13, 7:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

You are correct, in 4.0.0.1, going through the dashboard of a project is causing that issue. This is fixed in all other future streams. There is a workaround. This issue seems to be happening only if you select Explore Dashboard link of a specific project from /rm/web landing page. Instead, start with selecting Show Artifacts option for a project, and the app will work fine for that project in IE9.

We do not recommend that you go back to IE8, because the application will perform better in IE8. We recommend you use the workaround for now, and upgrade to 4.0.0.2 when it is available soon,

Thanks
Burak

Comments
Daniel Moul commented Jan 07 '13, 9:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think Burak made a typo:

>> because the application will perform better in IE8

He meant to say it will perform better in IE 9

AOC Admin commented Jan 07 '13, 5:35 p.m. | edited Feb 05 '13, 8:18 p.m.

Thank you.. i have received yet another patch from IBM. But we have a big demo scheduled in a couple of days and I will have to wait until after that demo to install the patch.. We will be using Firefox v.3.6.x for the class.

Do you know if 4.0.1 has the fixes in place that 4.0.0.2 is supposed to have? or will 4.0.0.2 have more content?

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.