It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement change impact to tasks in RTC

vijay kumar (1121213) | asked Aug 02 '13, 1:30 a.m.

If I do changes in requirement, how to get notified (suspect) in RTC work items.

We are working with CLM 3.0.1.2 versions.

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Aug 02 '13, 3:05 a.m.
Hello Vijay,
What you can do is simply subscribe to requirement if you want to have a notification from that requirement. Can you do that?

Let me know if it helps for you.
Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 02 '13, 9:15 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Given the tags you put on this post, I assume your starting point is as follows: "I have requirements in the RM application, and I want a notification / work item task / other "push" event that brings this to my attention.

Let me explain what capabilities do exist in this general area.

1. In CLM V3, you can use filters in the RM app to find the artifacts that have changed since a point in time that you designate.  For example, run it weekly, and you'll see what changed that week.

2. In CLM V4.0.x you can use suspect link profiles in the RM application.  Indicate the kinds of changes you want to be considered siginficant, and you can see these items flagged in the RM user interface.

3. For the test developer / tester, the requirements reconciliation feature in RQM will identify any new or changed requirements associated with a particular test plan and give the user an opportunity to mark related test cases suspect or create work items for further action.  I don't recall when this reconciliation feature was added to RQM -- it may have beeen in V4.0.x

4. If you are expressing requirements as work items, then the subscription approach mentioned above will work (if you are willing/able to subscribe to everything of interest).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.