It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRRRW7284E - why do I get RRC bad behaviour?

Patrick FitzGerald (31113) | asked Apr 03 '13, 3:04 a.m.
retagged Apr 03 '13, 8:58 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
 I am running CLM 4.03 on Windows Server 2003 (guest), VirtualBox (VM), and Windows 7 (host).

Everything running without problem until I:
  1. logged on through IE as usual
  2. navigated to RRC as usual
  3. was greeted by a series of errors:
  • ID CRRRW7611W  The server was unable to generate the list of artifacts in a reasonable period of time. Try making the filter more specific. For example, specify which artifact types to display, and try to open the list again.
  • ID CRRRW7291E  Your permissions for access to the project could not be retrieved from the server. Your user information might not be configured correctly.
  • Message box: No_ProjectsProperties for this project URI defined
  • ID CRRRW7284E  The project might have been corrupted or contain invalid data. Contact your administrator who can attempt to fix the project.
Anyone experienced this?

4 answers

permanent link
Patrick FitzGerald (31113) | answered Apr 03 '13, 3:16 a.m.
 Have the answer, which worked. Just doing the Dorothy Dix here. I am hoping this will help fellow travellers.

I went to the log files for JTS (no separate app for RRC). I noticed this tell tale problem logged around the time I had spent a long time waiting for the page to load:

The RDF index at {}\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\dcfc135518d04a4fab17bf61154b322b\jfs-rdfindex is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.

After some searching, I followed the following process of rebuilding the index:
  1. backup database and index files (even though index files are probably corrupted
  2. stop Tomcat server (this should be the same, no matter what the server)
  3. navigate to {installation location}\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices and delete everything
  4. go to command prompt
  5. change directory to {installation location}\JazzTeamServer\server
  6. run command repotools-jts -reindex all
  7. run command repotools-jts -rebuildTextIndices
  8. restart Tomcat server

All fixed!

I also noticed the index files were about 72MB. 

Is that healthy? 

How do I stop this from happening apart from checking the index size through maintenance script?

Comments
Marwan Othman commented Jul 07 '13, 8:13 a.m.

Thank you Patrick it worked for me. The JTS indices got corrupted due to an unexpected shutdown of the applications server. 

permanent link
Felipe Hernandez (3031116) | answered Jul 23 '13, 5:51 p.m.
 Ok I've tried your approach and I still have issues:

CRJZS5821E The RDF index at C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\_yLd784UdEeKcmZaPIIL7wg\jfs-rdfindex\ is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.
   CRJZS5821E The RDF index at C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\_yLd784UdEeKcmZaPIIL7wg\jfs-rdfhistory\ is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.
   CRJZS5821E The RDF index at C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\6a849a3eaac24df7af2da813b23cd2d4\jfs-rdfindex\ is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.
   CRJZS5821E The RDF index at C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\6a849a3eaac24df7af2da813b23cd2d4\jfs-rdfhistory\ is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.
   CRJZS5821E The RDF index at C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\c6d7c5e2cb174c9aaae05471e226a8c1\jfs-rdfindex\ is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.
   CRJZS5821E The RDF index at C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\c6d7c5e2cb174c9aaae05471e226a8c1\jfs-rdfhistory\ is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.

Does anyone knows how I could  correct this?

Regards,
Felipe.

Comments
Larry McCarthy commented Oct 17 '14, 8:44 p.m.

Thanks, Felipe! Worked for me!

permanent link
Marwan Othman (212) | answered Jul 24 '13, 7:14 a.m.
Hi Felipe;
I think that your problem is not related to the text indices only, I recommend that you perform a complete rebuild for all indices, following are the steps:
  1. Backup database and index files.
  2. Stop Tomcat server or WebSphere profile instance.
  3. Navigate to {installation location}\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices and delete everything (you need to backup them before deletion as explained in step 1).
  4. Go to command prompt (run it as administrator).
  5. Change directory to {installation location}\JazzTeamServer\server
  6. Run command repotools-jts -reindex all
  7. Run command repotools-jts -rebuildindices 
  8. Start Tomcat server or WebSphere profile instance.
Good Luck;

Marwan

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Apr 04 '13, 1:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Patrick,

Without seeing your logs files I can't be certain how your indices got corrupted, so I can't give you a good answer on how to prevent index corruption in the future. However, I can tell you that a index size of 72MB is not uncommon and should not be anything to worry about (of course, this depends on the size of your data set, but we have definitely seen environments with index sizes on the order of several GB). If you have reason to believe that your indices are corrupted, a reindex like you described in your previous comment is a good place to start, so I would say that you did the right thing. 

If you continue to have problems with index corruption, I would suggest opening a case with IBM Support to see if we can provide a specific solution for your environment.

Thanks,
Mike Jaworski

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.