It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Views accessed thru dashboard do not propogate without forced refresh

Robert Lindberg (122) | asked Apr 16 '13, 4:35 p.m.
edited Apr 17 '13, 2:55 p.m.
When selecting a different view thru a Requirements View dashboard widget in RRC, the previous view still remains, not the newly selected view.  Upon a (control/F5) the newly selected view will then propogate requirements names only.  To propogate defined columns in the newly selected view requires an additional refresh using the "arrows".  Views accessed thru "Browse Artifacts" operate normally.  I suspect some sort of latency issue, but am not fully convinced.  Any ideas as to what's wrong or how to fix?  Thanks!

Erica,

Thanks for looking into this issue.  The columns are seen in the view once accessed thru the widget by selecting the name of the view in the widget's title bar (and then manually refreshed in the view).  We're running 4.0.1, build I20121112_1654.  I have tried Firefox and IE 8 and have also tried 8 different work stations, 5 via a .mil domain and 3 via commercial drops.  Below is the information we've provided along with a trouble ticket submission.  

Views accessed thru RRC dashboard do not propagate correctly without forced refreshes

When selecting a different view thru a Requirements View dashboard widget in RRC, the previous view still remains, not the newly selected view.  Upon a (control/F5) the newly selected view will then propagate requirements names only.  To propagate defined columns in the newly selected view requires an additional refresh using the "arrows".  Views accessed thru "Browse Artifacts" operate normally. 

Replication Sequence:

-        Begin with creating multiple saved views, each with multiple column displays, through the “Artifacts” page.

-        Add multiple Requirements View widgets into the Project Dashboard

-        Associate a different view to each of the Requirements View widgets through each widget’s Settings feature.

-        From the Project Dashboard select a view for display from one of the Requirements Views widgets.

-        Problem:  Note that the view displays only the name column, not all columns previously defined for the view.

-        Click on the refresh arrows in the upper right.

-        Note that the view now displays all columns previously defined for the view.

-        Go back to the Project Dashboard

-        Select a different view for display from a different Requirements View widget.

-        Problem:  Note that the screen refreshes then re-displays the previously selected view, not the newly selected view.

-        Select (Ctrl/F5).

-        Problem:  Note that the newly selected view now displays but, as before, only with the name column, not all columns previously defined for the view.

-        Click on the refresh arrows in the upper right.

-        Note that the view now displays all columns previously defined for the view.

Comments
Erica Tran commented Apr 17 '13, 10:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Robert,

I just tested this in 4.0.1 and didn't see any problems.  I'm in the dashboard and added Requirements View widget.  I initially selected a view named business rules and upon saving, the results display in the widget.  I went back into settings and selected all terms, and clicked OK and again, the results reflected the view I selected.

In the widget, I don't see any columns so I'm not sure where you're seeing columns.  Can you include a screenshot?

What version of RRC are you using and have you confirmed you're using a supported browser, and is there another browser you can test?

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Apr 18 '13, 3:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the detailed steps.  Using them I was able to reproduce the issue in both 4.0.1 and 4.0.2.  So it looks like when switching between the views that are opened with the widget and the dashboard the views are not refreshed as you say.  Here's what I saw.

From the widget I navigated to view 1.  It brought up the view as expected.
Click on the dashboard link at the top.
From the other widget added with view 2, I clicked on the view name to navigate to it.
When the view 1 information still displayed, when I expected it to display view 2.
I also noticed that when expanding the views section from the left pane both view 1 and view 2 were highlighed as if they were both selected.

This looks like a defect.  Since you mentioned you opened a trouble ticket, it sounds like you have PMR created to track the issue already.  They'll be able to help you get a defect filed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.