It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict read/write access of a component to several teams in a project area.

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Oct 18 '12, 11:09 a.m.
We have following situation. In our project area, we have some teams that work on the same components. So it is necessary that these teams have read/write access to the components. But we don’t want to give the access to all teams in our project area. So is it possible to give the read/write access (SCM) only to several teams in my project area?

Example: There are three Teams, A, B and C. And we have three Component I, II and III
Team A must have access to vomponent I and II
Team B must have access to component II and III
Team C must have access to component I and III

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 18 '12, 11:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think you would have to create Teams D, E, F that would set access to the 3 components. Then add the team members that should have access to each component. Permissions for a component would be set by a team or project area so you'll have to create a team area for each component.

The components can still be owned by their current owners. You can change the read access to be scoped to another project or team area that has the users you want to access the component.

Jazz SCM has to adopt access groups in order to get something easier to configure. I think you'd be interested in the following work item: 186364: Investigate Access Group adoption in SCM. I think with this you could create an access group for each component and then add each team to the access group so you don't have to individually add every user or create team areas.
Martin Wassermann selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Martin Wassermann commented Oct 19 '12, 7:27 a.m.

Thank you for your reply. This is a workaround but with our number of teams, team members and components we must create a lot of integration teams. And if one user changes from one team to another team we have to change a lot. So I hope that the access groups will be extended soon :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.