It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is comparison of a word file is popssible in RTC?

vinay kumar bondugula (7312668) | asked Feb 22 '13, 6:37 a.m.
 Hi 

I tried comparing two versions of a word file in both eclipse IDE of RTC and RTC windows shell.

The compare editor is opened and asking me to  switch to text compare as below.

when I switch to text compare it is resulting as below which is not acceptable. Is there a solution for comparing versions of word file and get the compare results.

Please help me for above.

Thank You.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 22 '13, 7:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can tell, there is no compare merge tool built into RTC that deals with word, other document editor files, spread sheets, presentations and the like. You should handle them as binary files that can not be merged. If you want to compare them you would have to use tools the vendor provides with their solution. It is possible to configure an external compare/merge tool. Maybe there are these types of tools around that can call these vendor specific compare/merge tools, if they exist. I have not heard of any of those however.

My team works with this kind of documents and we lock the documents on the stream, while we work on them, to tell other users not to modify them wile this happens.
vinay kumar bondugula selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.