It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are change sets only displayed by their comments under the Links tab?

Andrew Trobec (49713144139) | asked Oct 17 '13, 2:46 a.m.
Helllo,

I am using RTC 4.0.0.1.

After associating a change set to a work item the relationship is visible in the web interface under the Links tab.  When loading the tab, for each associated change set I can momentarily see information about the impacted component, the user submitting the change set, and the timestamp, then suddenly it only displays the comment.

In the RTC client the label of each change set has the format component name - user - comment timestamp.  I would like this to be identical in the web interface instead of just the comment.

How can I do this?

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Oct 17 '13, 4:47 a.m.
Hi Andrew,

In 4.0.4 it looks like this:

This is the Web UI:

and this is the Eclipse client:

As I understand your post correctly you need that either in Eclipse the comment is before the username or in the Web UI you need the comment after the username. Is this right?

If yes you need to open an Enhancement Request.

Otherwise I think they are really similar.

Hope this helps,
Simon
Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Oct 17 '13, 5:25 a.m.

@eickel

Hello Simon,

thank you for the feedback.  I would like the web interface to display the same information as the Eclipse client because at the moment the web interface only displays the comment.  This is what my web interface looks like:

Not very useful!  What you have is perfect but it seems that I'll need to upgrade to get it.

Regards,

Andrew

Simon Eickel commented Oct 17 '13, 5:31 a.m.

yes, unfortunately a upgrade is needed for this :D
but there are more new features in higher versions ;) so feel free to do it

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.