It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Visible component for an archived project

Olivier CRIDLIG (52610) | asked Oct 09 '12, 11:54 a.m.
Hi,

Is it normal that streams of an archived project are always visible when you want to choose a component (via streams) to be added to a repository workspace?

I am currently using the version 3.0.1.2 of RTC.

Thanks,

Olivier

One answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Oct 10 '12, 7:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
That seems wrong to me.  Streams owned by an archived project area shouldn't show up in the UI (unless you have clicked the "Show Archived" button).

But on the other hand, streams don't have a notion of archiving.  When you are done with a stream, you delete it rather than archiving it.  So the notion of a stream being archived because it is owned by an archived project area seems strange.

In other words, I could go either way.

Comments
Olivier CRIDLIG commented Oct 11 '12, 5:22 a.m.

For me, when someone archives a project (because it isn't used)  all project dependencies should be hidden (streams, components, ..).

My case is as follows:
The project in question is no longer used so I archive it (I don't see the point of removing all streams of a project that I no longer use).
I create a new project with streams, components, ...
When I create my repository workspace I see streams of archived project. For me it makes sense to see only the active streams.
The streams of a project should be visibile only when they are used in the local context.

What happening if I use a stream of an archived project? Will it updated?

David Olsen commented Oct 11 '12, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

A stream in an archived project area can be used and updated just like any other stream. Archiving a project area, or anything else, does not make it read-only or inaccessible.  Archiving just makes something less visible in the UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.