It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0.x support for Eclipse 3.7

gaurav verma (11122) | asked Nov 26 '12, 8:34 p.m.
retagged May 25 '13, 4:23 p.m. by Scott Rich (57136)
Hi,

Is RTC 2.0.x client supported by IBM for installation on Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo). 

The system requirement page for RTC 2.0 tells me that it can only support version Eclipse 3.5 but the page has been last edited in 2009. 

I have installed the client Eclipse 3.7 and can connect to RTC version 2.0.0.2 but want to confirm if IBM would support this in case I have any problems going forward. 

We are trying to make a SCM tooling decision between RTC 2.0 and Subversion. Both of these are currently in production and there is no upgrade plan for RTC. RTC SCM is much better than SVN but the fact that RTC 2.0 can only support Eclipse 3.5 and Java 1.5 is acting against it. Its like going one step forward by using RTC and two steps backward with Eclipse 3.5 and Java 1.5. I did find some questions posted for 3.0.1 but none for RTC 2.0.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,
Gaurav 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arne Sutor (311) | answered Jan 27 '13, 6:47 a.m.
Hi,

I am recently came up with the same question and I am now able to answer it.

Using the p2 install you are able to install RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 8 within an Eclipse 3.7 environment. In my case I did not need to install anything prior to this installation.
Just did the 'standard' way as a plugin installation.

Worked fine for me...
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 27 '12, 2:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

from https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.2iFix8?p=releaseNotes and https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.2iFix8?p=gettingStarted the last supported Eclipse version is Eclipse 3.6 with that fix. I would assume you would have to upgrade to 3.x or 4.x to use Eclipse 3.7.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.