It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Set line delimiter file property on check-in

John Owen (462422) | asked Nov 22 '12, 1:24 p.m.
edited Nov 23 '12, 2:27 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
Is there a way to force the  line delimiter value to a specific setting, e.g. LF (UNIX) for all source code when it is checked to avoid problems when developing across multiple platforms?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 23 '12, 10:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This functionality is requested in It should be possible to ensure that consistent mime type and line ending rules be applied to every file in a component (139709) .   Please feel free to add a comment to this work item to indicate your interest/support.
John Owen selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 23 '12, 2:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi John,

the only ways I have seen are:

1. In the Eclipse Preferences>Team>Jazz Source Control>File Properties you can modify the types and delimiters for various file types.
2. In the Eclipse Client, if you select a project in SCM. In the Context menu Team>Change File Properties you can change the file properties including the line delimiter the same way.
3. In The Eclipse Preferences>General>Workspace, you can set the default encoding and line delimiters in general.

I am not sure how that works across the team. I think you can export and share the preferences for Eclipse. However, I think that Eclipse and other tools miss the capability to share project wide preferences. I think a feature that provides you with the SCM preferences e.g. on a project or team level would be great. Only issue would be: what if you have SCM data with different preferences loaded? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.