It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can scm workspace replace-components be used to replace baseline of repository workspace from baseline of component?

DH Lee (25784446) | asked Jul 12 '13, 1:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I am trying to use "scm workspace replace-components" command to replace baseline of repository workspace from baseline of component.

However it seems as it only support replace from workspace, stream or snapshot
replace-type Type of the item to replace. One of: "workspace", "stream", or "snapshot"

Is there any ways to use scm command to replace baseline of repository workspace from baseline of component?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 12 '13, 8:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 12 '13, 8:17 p.m.
Yes, you can, but the syntax is rather obscure.  You need to use the "-b" parameter to specify the baseline that you want to use.   But then you still have to specify a <replaceType>  (I have no idea why that is required ... perhaps someone from the scm team could explain).   What I do is just specify "workspace" as the replace type, and then I just name the workspace that I am doing the replace in ... that seems to make the command happy.  So for example, if I want to replace the baseline of component "comp" in workspace "ws" with baseline "bl", you can say:

scm workspace replace-components -b bl -P <my-login> -u <my-password> -r <my-repo> ws workspace ws comp

Note: you'll always want to use "scm help" to look up the syntax of a command, since for some reason, the on-line documentation on the scm syntax frequently has bugs.

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.