It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC 4.0.0.1 - Is there any way to recover the artifact which got deleted accidentally?

Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | asked Oct 04 '12, 12:32 p.m.
Is there any way to recover the RRC artifact which got deleted accidentally? Our version is 4.0.0.1. Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Oct 04 '12, 12:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 04 '12, 12:51 p.m.
Not ideal but what you can do is create a project baseline timestamped (in the past) with a time when the artifact existed. Closest to the point of deletion the better.

Then open the baseline and navigate to that deleted artifact. The restore action button will be disabled but what you can do is copy the contents of the artifact and create a new artifact and apply any attribute values and links.
Clement Liu selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Luiz Almeida (23015589) | answered Apr 26 '13, 10:34 a.m.
edited Apr 26 '13, 10:37 a.m.
Robin,

I performed the steps you explained, but when I try to visualize the artifact in the baseline, the following error occurs:

"ID CRRRW7283E  The project that contains the resource might have been deleted or archived, or you might not be a member of the project. To locate and open a resource you must be a member of the project. Ensure that the project exists. Contact your administrator to make sure that you are a member of the project."

Do you know what can be wrong?

permanent link
long TRUONG (3654118146) | answered Oct 30 '13, 1:21 p.m.
edited Oct 30 '13, 1:23 p.m.
 Luiz, are you a member of the project (author or commenter)? If you actually created the baseline, then you must have been a Project Baseline Admin and if it is listed under the baseline, then you should have been able to open it. What version is your RRC at ? oops you did say 4.0.0.1: Probably the same bug manifest differently. Read on

I have existing baselines, hence not having to create a new one in past time on RRC 4.0.1, Once listed in the baseline, I can open the deleted artifact. However I couldn't print it nor create a report on the list it is on.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.