It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question on Jazz user groups + Insight user roles

Amir Ghaemian (4811315) | asked Sep 26 '12, 7:33 a.m.
Hi,

We have a CLM environment connected to a LDAP and integrated that to Insight where we have defined a JazzNamespace.

What I have in Insight is all the different JazzUserGroups defined like JazzAdmin, JazzUser, etc. I can assign the Cognos roles to these usergroups. Now to my question:

I would like to give some of the Cognos roles to some specific users and not to entire JazzUserGroups. For example 3 specific users should have the SystemAdmin role. What do I need to do to achieve this?

Do I need to define a new LDAP namespace in Insight to achieve this?
Note! I only want the users to be able to use the JazzNamespace when they log into Insight.

Thanks
Amir

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 26 '12, 11:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Amir,

You shouldn't need to define another namespace if the users you want to add are in the Jazz Namespace.  You can add users to Cognos roles either by group or by user, but there may be an issue.  I am only able to search for the user I am logged in as.  To do this:

1)  Launch Cognos Administration on the report server
2)  Click the Security tab
3)  Click the Cognos namespace
4)  Go to the next page and click "Set Properties" on the System Administrators group
5)  Click Members
6)  Click Add
7)  Click Jazz
8)  Click "Search" on the top right corner, or you can click "Type" to enter the users ID
9)  Click "Advanced".  Under the search box, switch the Type to "Users"
10)  Search for the user you want to add, or see if you can at least find the logged in user

Let me know what you find.  Thanks,

Comments
Amir Ghaemian commented Sep 27 '12, 3:14 a.m.

Tnx Ben but I had already tried this and I can also only search for the user I'm logged in as. Same thing happens to my colleague. Any hints on why this happens?

/Amir

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.