It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 5.0 - Default licenses are not being assigned to users

Alan Chin (622) | asked Jun 24 '14, 1:31 p.m.
During sandbox testing of 5.0, I added all the client access licenses and assigned the default licenses to be distributed to all users under "License Key Management".
However, after syncing the user registry (LDAP), users are still not being allocated any licenses. I have verified that the ldap user role/permmission mapping is correct. I have also checked the number of licenses I have available, far exceed the number of users in my user base. All JTS diagnostics are green lit. 

Any assistance would be appreciated!

-Alan

Comments
Robert Wen commented Jun 24 '14, 5:38 p.m.

Can you provide some more details?  Is this a "from the ground standup"?  You have synched LDAP, but did you create the CLM accounts and project? 

Alan Chin commented Jun 24 '14, 6:19 p.m.

Yes this was done as a fresh install on using the latest 5.0 repo, using IBM Installation Manager. All Applications were installed (JTS, CCM, QM, RM) on a windows 2008 r2 system. 

Following Licenses were then added :
Rational DOORS Next Generation - Analyst (Unlocked), Rational Quality Manager - Quality Professional (Unlocked), Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management - Contributor (Unlocked), Rational Team Concert - Developer
And set as default licenses, then LDAP was synced. 

A project was created in CCM and a user (from LDAP) was added (as a member) to the project . I asked the user to login and verified that he was able to. However, none of the default licenses were assigned to him.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jun 24 '14, 10:01 p.m.
 Have you tried going beyond just logging in?  Can you see if your test user can create Work Items or create a Change Set in RTC?

Comments
Alan Chin commented Jun 26 '14, 4:48 p.m.

Yes, the user was given the default [Team Member] role under the default Scrum process template. I had him attempt to create a new work item to no avail. It returns with the CRJAZ1848E : missing license error. 

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jun 26 '14, 4:52 p.m.
edited Jun 26 '14, 6:04 p.m.
When you added the user to CLM, did you assign the licenses to him?  From the admin page go to Users->Active Users and click on that user's name/link.  From there, go to Client Access Licenses and see if licenses are assigned to him.

Comments
long TRUONG commented Jun 26 '14, 6:27 p.m.

Agree with Robert,

Not sure if there is any change in 5.0, but in up to 4.x RTC (CLM) you have to explicitly assign users to licenses, be them node-locked or floating license.

.../jts/admin:
server/(Licensing) License Key Management and Issued Leases will show you how many users assigned to various licenses and floating licenses being on lease respectively
users/Client Access License Management would show the list of users with assigned licenses

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.