It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

process template error - Please assist.

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Nov 18 '15, 7:52 a.m.
CLM 502

I have a PROD and UAT env. I can export a template, make changes to the dashboard template, queries, and add fields. I have kept the Formal template types and workflows.

When importing and using the template to create a project, the Dashboard template works, the queries are brought over perfectly. However, when I view a work item, and select the Type field, the drop down that displays the other types never shows. It just says "Retrieving" forever. This behavior is pretty much 100% reproducible for me. 7/7....

Any ideas?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Chao Wang (235312) | answered Nov 18 '15, 10:51 a.m.
Similar issue is see in the following, take a look and see if the situation mentioned there matches yours.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/170778/rtc-pulldown-does-not-populate

In addition you can try using firebug(http://getfirebug.com/) or chrome's developer tool(F12 on chrome to open the developer tool) to see what is the error in the console when the page is loaded or when you drop down the list. Are you only seeing the issue for your customized process templates? Or it is occurring for the Out Of Box templates as well?

If you have a RTC eclipse client, do you see the problem there as well? If so do you see more detailed error message in Eclipse or the .log file inside the Eclipse workspace?

Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chao Wang commented Nov 18 '15, 1:27 p.m. | edited Nov 18 '15, 1:36 p.m.

Looks like if you remove the all permissions for creating work item from your default or a specific project role, it will show retrieving... The drop down seems to show only the work item types that the user is allow to create. If nothing is allowed then nothing shows up.
The configuration for this is under the Team Configuration's Permission section.

So if you have roles which can create work items make sure you add that role to your user and see if the types show up after the change. Once that is changed you will need to refresh the work item creation page to see the types showing up.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.