It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting an error " CRRRW7321W " while testing RRC in Sandbox

Prahalad Pateel (13112) | asked Aug 31 '12, 10:57 a.m.
I am test driving Requirements composer in a test sandbox and I cannot add artifact and it has the following error:
ID CRRRW7321W  Artifact types are not defined in this project. Artifact types are required for creating artifacts. You can create artifact types on the administrator page. To create artifact types you must have the save type permission for the project.

I cannot find the administrator page to do what it wants me to do. I am new to the entire Rational Suite but not to systems development. This is pretty much the same error when I try to do anything with modules etc

ppateel

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dmitry Baev (16) | answered Sep 06 '12, 10:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Prahalad,

The sample Requirements project in the Sandbox doesn't have any requirement artifact types that you can use out of the box. You would need to define some artifact types first, but to do that you must have administrator permissions.

In order to give yourself administrator permissions to your project area, please follow these steps:
  1. Open up the project and click Manage This Project Area (see Administration menu in the top right corner)
  2. Make sure that your userid is added to the Members and Administrators list for this project. Also, make sure to assign process roles to your user. You should select all applicable roles from the list.
  3. Click Save to apply your changes
  4. Log out and then log back in. You should now be able to create new artifact types by selecting Manage Project Properties (see Administration menu in the top right corner)
Here is the Help topic that explains customizing artifact types, attributes and data types.

I hope this helps.
Prahalad Pateel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Prahalad Pateel commented Sep 07 '12, 8:08 a.m.

I had already done 1, 2, & 3. But I cannot proccedd to 4 simply because that option does not exist. I don't see a way to attach an image otherwise I would have. But the only options are "Manage This Project Area" , Manage Project Areas, Manage Templates, Manage suspicion Profiles. An I have gone into all of those and there is now way to do do what is suggested in 4.

Seth Packham commented Sep 07 '12, 8:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

@ppateel I'm not sure which RRC project is yours in Sandbox01 but I found one called ppateel's project. In that RRC project, you were not in the project member list, nor were you even listed in the Project Administrators list (did you remove yourself?). I've added you to both lists in that project area and assigned all the process roles to you. Please try step 4 again.

Prahalad Pateel commented Sep 07 '12, 9:35 a.m.

Seth, Thank you. I was using the UIM project. But I went back into the project you fixed, I am able to add new artifact type. On the UIM project may be something happened during creation because I do not see the same options as I see on "ppateel's Project". I will start using this project for my evaluation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.