It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RRC import Microsoft word documents which contains WMF/EMF/PICT/BMP files?

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked Jun 25 '13, 7:44 a.m.
edited Jun 25 '13, 7:46 a.m.

Hi !

• Can RRC import Microsoft word documents which contains WMF/EMF/PICT/BMP files?
  • Is there any limitation to import such kind of word files?

When I tryed to import Microsoft word documents which contains EMF, following warning message was shown.  It is just warning.

The Microsoft Word document was imported, but with some warnings.

hide details

ID CRRRW7577W  Some of the file content might not have been imported. Review the status messages shown, and then check the imported artifacts. You might be able to modify the Microsoft Word document to allow the file be be imported without warnings.

Warnings

Details: WMF/EMF/PICT/BMP image converted to PNG image

Thank you in advance
Natsumi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jun 25 '13, 8:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Natsumi,

The image should be converted in to PNG format, but allow you to import the document.
There are work items related to supporting images.  The following is an Enhancement record that mentions images in documents. 
Importing Word Doc files with embedded objects into RRC (71233)

I hope this helps.
Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | answered Jun 26 '13, 12:47 a.m.

Erica

Thank you for yor immediate respond. According to the workitem which is mentioned by you, I found following information. I understood its specification.

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&itemId=_cnSwYIBdEeKRKZ-twfTZIg

Atacched file "Supported Image Types and Proposed Enhancement for OLEs.docx (34761)"

Thank you so much

Natsumi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.