It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Fixed Width Tables Resized When Sent to PDF or Word

Ayers Watson (1111) | asked Jul 19 '13, 12:00 p.m.
edited Jul 24 '13, 4:05 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
Hello,  I am using RRC v4.0.1.  I have created an Artifact template with a fixed width table with 5 rows and 2 columns.  2 cells are merged.  I am having two issues of the table once sized and saved in the Artifact being re-sized when sent to PDF or Word. 
  1. Merged cells are not being recognized when the Artifact is sent to PDF or Word.
  2. Fixed column widths are re-sized to meet the largest cell's input.
  3. When multiple tables are on the same Artifact they are each re-sized separately even though their widths were fixed and standardized online.
The expectation is that when table(s) are created/sized online in an Artifact those boarder specifications are ignored when sent to PDF or Word.

Was this fixed with v4.0.3 or later version?  Or, is there a procedure in the current version I can use to resolve this issue?

Thank you,
            Ayers

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jul 25 '13, 4:25 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Ayers,

There has been a lot of work done in the area of reporting, and there is definitely a significant set of improvements in going to 4.0.3. In that release, the underlying RPE engine (RRDG) was upgraded to 1.2.0.1 (from 1.1.2 I believe) and brought a number of fixes and improvements.
Without searching for all the various changes that have been delivered, I can say there was work done in the area of column sizing and handling of merged cells. I can't say that your specific issues were definitively addressed, but it's well worth trying out 4.0.3 if that's an option for you.

I can say though that RRDG does not support percentage based column sizings at this time.
Hope that helps.

Comments
Erica Tran commented Aug 02 '13, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ayers,

The first issue you mentioned related to merged cells was a limitation in RPE.  The following is the RPE enhancement record that was used to track the feature.  As Stef mentions, version 4.0.3 adopted version 1.2.0.1 for the RPE engine which includes this enhancement.  So version 4.0.3 should resolve the first problem.  I would also suggest trying 4.0.3 if you can.

Enhancement 32101 - RATLC02503684: The embedded RRDG engine in RRC needs to support the XHTML way of merging cells (Word and PDF)
https://jazz.net/jazz04/web/projects/Rational%20Publishing%20Engine#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=32101

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.