It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does csv requirement import fail in RRC 4.0?

David Hanslip (23124448) | asked Aug 08 '12, 2:14 a.m.
I have a csv file previously imported successfully into RRC 3.0.1. When I attempt to import the same file into RRC 4.0 I get:

Error 400: Bad RequestError 400: Bad Request"CRRRS4211E Required column is missing: Artifact Type, server can not proceed with the import operation." (More info found at entry [23a6a7041c086de6] in RRS server log)Requirements Management/4.0

The Artifact Type column is certainly present and is the first column.

Anyone else having this problem?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Aug 08 '12, 11:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David,

In V4 csv import, now uses the UI name for the csv column headings. Is the name in the UI the same as the csv column name?
David Hanslip selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Hanslip commented Aug 09 '12, 12:09 a.m.

Thanks. I now need "Artifact Type" instead of "Type" and "Name" instead of "Title".

2 other answers

permanent link
Christian Herr (1) | answered Nov 27 '12, 6:56 a.m.
I have some kind of the same problem, but using the german version of RRC 4.0.

I already use "Name" and "Artefakttyp", but could not import the before exported csv file. Anyone can help?

Comments
Christian Herr commented Nov 30 '12, 7:37 a.m.

I fixed the problem, after updating my browser settings and switching them into english I was successful with the import. But I also replaced "Type" for "Artifact Type" and "Title" for "Name". I suppose that the renaming of the attributes contribute to the successful import. Thanks so far.

permanent link
Douglas Bush (28125) | answered Dec 01 '12, 11:17 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all.
FYI... This help topic in the CLM 4.0 information center outlines requirements for the CSV format:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_csv_format.html
I hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.