It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Eclipse Client closes off

Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | asked Jul 23 '12, 3:50 p.m.
I have installed the eclipse client for CLM 3013 .... I have tried using a straight archive file and running without installation - after a few moments of activity the client closes itself off and creates a core dump file.

I remove this installation and re-installed thru Installation Manager - the install was successful, and I'm able to start the eclipse client.

(1) when creating the initial workspace, it gets to about 98% and then closes off - I have to restart - the workspace area was created ????
(2) switching workspaces when the eclipse client is open - allows me to select the workspace but then drops eclipse and needs to be restarted
(3) In the middle of doing something in the eclipse client (as simple as creating a query, adding a user) the client drops and disconnects requiring that I restart the client.

Running Linux version 6x

Comments
Karl Weinert commented Jul 24 '12, 10:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is the javacore a txt file or the .dmp file. If it is a txt file can you copy the first few lines into this post. The first 20 lines or so should be enough to get some useful information for what to look for next. Another file to look at is the .log file in the .metatdata directory in the root of the workspace.

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 24 '12, 9:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's difficult to determine the cause without being able to look at the core dump file or any other error logs created when Eclipse crashes. I think it'll be best to contact support so you can give them the logs to determine the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.