It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Weird cert issue

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Apr 26 '17, 11:05 a.m.
edited Apr 28 '17, 2:17 a.m. by Mehul Patel (9695)

CLM 603
WAS Liberty

All,

I updated the certs on our CLM machine. 90% of the users no longer get the cert message. 10% are still getting the cert issue. We deleted the browser data/cache and that did not work.

some using chrome
some using firefox

Is this a browser, CLM or cert issue?

Comments
Mahari Hill commented May 01 '17, 11:35 a.m.

Any guesses?

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered May 01 '17, 12:59 p.m.

By "the cert message/cert issue" I take it that you mean the warning that appears when browser puts up the message about an insecure connection.   This most often happens when a web server uses a self-signed encryption certificate or the client side doesn't have a trust in the presented certificate's authority ( e.g. a company has in internal Certificate Authority that is not recognized "world wide" as say GeoTrust is ).

If either is the case that tells me that 9/10 have accepted the situation permanently whilst the remaining 1/10 have not.  Certificates aren't part of browser's cache so clearing does nothing.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 01 '17, 8:38 p.m.

To check whether you have received a trusted (or proper) certificate from the web site, click on the lock icon in front of the URL (in both Firefox and Chrome) and see more information about the SSL connection.

If the 10% happens to be Chrome and you happen to use a Symantec issued certificate, then you have probably got caught in the fight between Google and Symantec. Just search "chrome symantec certificate" and you will see why.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.