It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In the new forum, how do I keep track of which questions I've read and which ones I haven't.

Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | asked Jun 01 '12, 9:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 10 '12, 3:53 p.m.
Is there some way of telling the forum to only show me questions and answers that I haven't already read?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 01 '12, 11:33 p.m.
edited Jun 02 '12, 10:09 a.m.
This isn't really an "answer", but rather more of a workaround until there is a good answer.
I'm trying out adding interesting categories to my "favorites" list.  Whenever there is a question/answer in that category, it shows up as email, and then I can just use my email client as my forum reader.  If I want to comment/answer, I would then click on the link in the email.
Advantage: Forum entries accumulate in my email inbox for accessing while off-line (e.g. when traveling).
Disadvantage: Does not provide a good way to occasionally scan non-favorite items, since they end up mixed up with the ones on my favorites list that I've already read through email.

Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Spencer Griffin commented Jun 02 '12, 4:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

At https://jazz.net/forum there is a form in the right sidebar to add favorite tags. Then you can go to https://jazz.net/mystuff/#tab=forum&page=activity to view activity on those tags.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 10 '12, 4:04 p.m.

This is the best approach I've been able to find, so I'll mark this as the "recommended" answer, until someone finds/creates something better. Note that an issue with this approach is that one cannot sort the email with standard mail readers, because of the "New answer", "New comment" etc. prefixes added. I've submitted a work item to get this fixed: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Community%20Feedback#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=68691 If you'd also like this fixed, please add a comment to this work item to indicate your interest/support.

2 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 02 '12, 9:07 a.m.
edited Jun 02 '12, 9:56 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
no thanks.. don't need email for every update..

how do I see who posted last?  I look in for activity, and see questions I posted to (both answers and new questions).
if I am the last poster, then there is no need to look again..   response times vary from a day or longer..  opening every topic again is a waste of time.

permanent link
Spencer Griffin (41126) | answered Jun 01 '12, 9:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Regarding the questions you haven't read, I'll see if we can add a different color for visited links.  In addition, we have some ideas for a future enhancement to add a view where you would be able to see an activity feed with incoming answers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.