It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I search questions for a particular product

Colin Thorne (22421619) | asked Jul 04 '12, 10:33 a.m.
Hello, is there a way to search for questions (and answers) for a particular product. For example, I want to search for questions about using defects in RQM. In the old forums I would search in the appropriate forum category.

I can search for "defect RQM" but that seems to get me lots of hits which are just relevant to RTC. I was expecting to find a way of searching for all questions with the tag 'rational-quality-manager' containing the string 'defect'.

Is there a way to do this? Or perhaps someone can suggest an alternative.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Spencer Griffin (41126) | answered Jul 05 '12, 9:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are working on an enhancement for the forum that will bring more advanced search options, including narrowing search results by tag.

If you would like to request a particular feature, you can open a work item here: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Community%20Feedback.

Comments
Colin Thorne commented Jul 20 '12, 11:07 a.m.

Thanks for your response. I couldn't find an existing enhancement that covered this request and so I have created a new one: https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/70381

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Jul 04 '12, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Search for questions tagged with rational-quality-manager

If you're only interested in RQM, you list it in your interested tags, or ignore the other products. 

Comments
Colin Thorne commented Jul 04 '12, 10:53 a.m.

Thanks for that tip. Using Ignore helped (adding RQM to interested tags didn't seem to make any difference). However, that means I have to keep adding and removing tags from my ignore list because sometimes I want to see the RTC questions, and sometimes the RQM questions.

Maybe there is an alternative solution.

Evan Hughes commented Jul 04 '12, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't believe that the ignore list prevents questions from showing up in a search, so you only need to add/remove items from your ignore list to control what appears when you go to the main page. I think. :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.