It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import error from ReqPro to RRC

Marina Hartley (1144) | asked May 10 '12, 12:27 p.m.
We have been trying to import a batch of requirements from ReqPro to RRC (version 3.0.1.1). However, we are having some issues and need help.

We have been able to follow the instructions on the migration part of the RRC wiki and the requirements seem to import with the full tree structure and trace intact. However, batches of the requirements have the same ID number which is causing issues with searching and displaying them. We would like for each requirement to have a unique ID.

We think that the issue may be related to how the requirements are stored on the ReqPro side (they are stored in a document folder), but we are uncertain about what to do to re-organize them or if there is something we can do to the import to fix our problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 14 '12, 5:43 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I see no one has replied. It's probably best opening a support ticket for this one. There could be a product defect here.

permanent link
Marina Hartley (1144) | answered May 16 '12, 10:48 a.m.
Our SysAdmin and I think the trouble may be in the way our requirements are organized in ReqPro. It would be helpful to see if there is anyone on the forum who has successfully migrated from ReqPro.

Neither of us are very familiar with ReqPro, so I don't know if there are different ways to set up a project or not. I might not quite have the terminology down. What I've been told is that our requirements are contained in documents. The document and the contained requirement, all seem to get the same ID number (but not always so it isn't consistent).

I'm trying to ramp up in ReqPro enough to explain it better, but it is a new tool for me and I was hoping there would be a better answer.

permanent link
Thomas Stephens (12656) | answered May 18 '12, 2:40 p.m.
You may try breaking the link between the requirements and the document.

From a View of the requirements in ReqPro, do a Cut, followed by Paste. This should result in a requirement that is not attached to a document. (Location should say "Database")

Please do a baseline backup before trying this!
Thomas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.