It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Editing a Module in Requirements Manager (RM) web client when a filter or view is applied.

Nick Brown (646) | asked Jan 15 '15, 11:59 a.m.
edited Jan 15 '15, 12:41 p.m.
Hello,

We have recently begun managing requirements for a project within RM (CLM 4.06) , however have come across an issue where we are unable to edit any objects within the module when a filter is applied.

For example, say we wanted to display only objects of one type of value of attribute, and work on these by filtering down to that attribute, we are unable to make any edits to any object. The "Create New Artifact" button is greyed out, and the pencil edit icon is no longer clickable.

Is this intended or a bug? is there a workaround? Is it fixed in later versions?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

EDIT: after trawling through some of the defect logs, it does appear the the problem was found in 4.06, but fixed upstream in 5. Defect item 92080.

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=92080

2 answers

permanent link
Alastair Beadle (19411218) | answered Jan 15 '15, 12:10 p.m.
I am using 5.0 and when filters are applied in a module (but not other views) the 'Create New Artifact' button is greyed out so you cannot create new artefacts (please excuse UK spelling) but the pencil icon does appear and artefacts can be edited as normal.

It struck me as odd that you cannot add artefacts to a filtered module view but I guess when a filter is applied the structure of the module is partly hidden so you may not be aware of where the new artefact will actually being placed - so the ability is turned off to avoid confusion.

Ali

Comments
Nick Brown commented Jan 15 '15, 12:31 p.m. | edited Jan 15 '15, 12:41 p.m.

Interesting, thanks for the response. The use of the Pencil editing tool would be fine. Not sure if it's a bug or just something that was implemented in later versions...

I'll investigate the release notes and try and find out.

EDIT: after trawling through some of the defect logs, it does appear the the problem was found in 4.06, but fixed upstream in 5. Defect item 92080.

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=92080

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Jan 15 '15, 2:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There should be certain actions you can take on artifact in a module when the module is filtered, but you can't take actions that affect the structure of the module (e.g., move rows, add new rows, etc.).  There is an enhancement to be able to do more actions though.  Remove unnecessary restriction on creating artifacts when filtered (91410)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.