It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Client Access Licence Reassignment

Stephen Jusuf (611) | asked Mar 27 '12, 1:10 a.m.
I am currently running Rational Requirements Composer on a Derby server which limits the amount of users to 10. I tried to remove a Client Access Licence from one user and provide it to a new user, but the system does not let me. Only 9 users with the licence exist and it clearly states that 1 licence is available for Rational Requirements Composer - Analyst. Despite this, I receive an error which reads "CRJAZ0940I The license assignment is not allowed because the server only allows 10 licensed users and this assignment would exceed that maximum," whenever I try to assign it.

Does anyone have any idea why this is the case and how would I get around it?

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Mar 28 '12, 10:58 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I haven't had a chance to check in a Derby environment yet, but is it possible that the internal RM license user (rm_user) is consuming one of the available 10 licenses? It is required to have this internal license assigned to this functional user which may explain why you only have 9 left to assign.

permanent link
Stephen Jusuf (611) | answered Apr 01 '12, 8:29 p.m.
I haven't had a chance to check in a Derby environment yet, but is it possible that the internal RM license user (rm_user) is consuming one of the available 10 licenses? It is required to have this internal license assigned to this functional user which may explain why you only have 9 left to assign.

Sorry, did you mean that rm_user was required to have a licence or were you asking me to check whether rm_user had a licence? From my knowledge, rm_user was never assigned one, but clmadmin was. I removed the licence from clmadmin and that freed up one licence. I tried to assign this licence to another licence but was unable to. I was able to assign it back to clmadmin though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.