It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Recommendation for requirements/backlog prioritization?

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | asked Mar 02 '12, 8:30 a.m.
What is the recommendation for requirements/backlog prioritization as far as Jazz tools? Do it in RRC(Jazz RM), add RTC (Jazz cm) to the mix? How?

Thank you

3 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Mar 05 '12, 2:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What is the recommendation for requirements/backlog prioritization as far as Jazz tools? Do it in RRC(Jazz RM), add RTC (Jazz cm) to the mix? How?

Thank you

Personally I would use either FocalPoint or RTC for the ranking of requirements. Either via pairwise comparison in FocalPoint, or the ranked view in RTC.

This allows the priority/ranking of the same requirement to be different on different projects.

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered Mar 05 '12, 2:50 p.m.

Thank you

Personally I would use either FocalPoint or RTC for the ranking of requirements. Either via pairwise comparison in FocalPoint, or the ranked view in RTC.

This allows the priority/ranking of the same requirement to be different on different projects.

I see. Thank you, Robin.

permanent link
Monica Luke (6335) | answered Mar 06 '12, 2:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As you've noted, each tool has some prioritization capability. As Robin points out Focal Point provides pairwise compare which is a really powerful feature for ranking.

In an ideal world, one can use the combined best-of-breed capabilities, i.e.

Focal Point pairwise compare to create the ranking
linked to
RRC Collection for a release where the prioritized items are elaborated
linked to
RTC Release plan for execution including day-to-day management of the ranked backlog
and linked to
RQM Test Plan for test management, planning & execution

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.